Gaelchultúr provides Irish language classes for adults in Dublin and throughout Ireland. We run courses on a continuous basis and they cater for learners at all levels of competency, from total beginners to fluent speakers of Irish. We have a whole range of delivery options, e.g. intensive day courses, 20 week courses, night classes and weekend classes. Most of the teaching is done in the classroom but we also provide live online classes on a regular basis.
Gaelchultúr has a panel of teachers and correctors and we are always seeking to add to that panel. If you’re interested in teaching/correcting with us, please send your CV to email@example.com. If teaching/correcting work becomes available that we feel would suit you, we will contact you in order to arrange an interview.
When we’re recruiting teachers and correctors, we look for people who have:
• a high standard of both spoken and written Irish
• an Irish language qualification and/or a formal teaching qualification
• experience in teaching Irish (especially to adults)
• excellent interpersonal skills, so that they can put learners at their ease and motivate them.
Here are the advantages of teaching with Gaelchultúr:
• We provide lesson plans and teaching resources for each class, so the teacher does not have to develop that material.
• The instructions contained in the lesson plans are so comprehensive that they give new teachers an opportunity to learn high-level teaching skills inside a short period of time, which contributes greatly to their professional development.
• A modern, learner-centred teaching approach is used; this ensures that learners have plenty of opportunities to participate in the classes, which contributes greatly to the atmosphere in the classroom.
• We have developed comprehensive syllabuses, ensuring that there is continuity from class to class and from course to course.
• We do the photocopying, prepare the materials for games, etc. before each class so that the teacher does not need to do that work.
• Online support material is usually provided for learners so that they can revise what they’ve covered in the classroom and prepare for the next class. This reduces the pressure on the teacher in the classroom and ensures that learners make better progress during a course.
• Teachers are given an opportunity to correct homework and earn extra money. This work is not compulsory but many teachers find it attractive because of the flexibility involved and the hourly rate paid for the work.