Would you like to learn Irish in a fun, engaging classroom environment led by an expert teacher? Gaelchultúr are thrilled to reopen its doors and invite learners to avail of our in-person Irish courses once again! Our on-site courses will recommence the week beginning 12 September. These classes will take place in Cathedral Parish Centre, College Street, Carlow. These courses will run for 10 weeks and will consist of one two-hour class each week.
This course includes:• 20 hours of on-site classes with a language expert
• Access to additional e-learning course on ranganna.com
• Digital handbook of high-quality material
All our courses are delivered by Irish language experts and aim to develop the learner’s listening and speaking skills. These in-person classes are an interactive and immersive language experience, allowing learners to acquire natural authentic Irish and connect with like-minded people.
With a maximum of fifteen participants per class we recommend securing your place on these on-site courses without delay.
Our teaching approach
Gaelchultúr has developed comprehensive syllabuses and every class at every level follows these syllabuses.
The communicative approach to language teaching is used by Gaelchultúr’s teachers, giving learners the opportunity to play an active part in each class.
A strong emphasis is placed on group and pair work and learners therefore have a chance to practise what they’ve been taught. The main focus is on speaking and listening in all classes (with the exception of Cruinneas sa Ghaeilge), but reading and writing activities also feature.Learn more about us
Terms and Conditions
- Course fees may be refunded in full to a learner up to five working days prior to the commencement of the course. The refund must by requested by contacting Gaelchultúr’s staff by email or by phone. (Our contact details can be found here.)
- If, following the first class, the student decides that he/she would like to discontinue the course, 60% of the total fee will be refunded to him/her. Thereafter, no refund will be made to the student.
- Gaelchultúr Teoranta has the right to cancel a class or to amalgamate classes.
- If it is necessary to cancel a class, every effort will be made to place the participants in another class or to register them for an online course. A full refund will be made to the customer if these options do not suit him/her.
- A student may defer his/her registration only once. If he/she wishes to defer registration, he/she must notify Gaelchultúr’s staff of this by week three of the course. No refund will be made to the student if he/she does not accept a place on the next course he/she is due to attend.
- Gaelchultúr will accept no responsibility in the event that a student registers at the wrong level. We advise our students to do our online Irish test or to seek our advice to ensure that they are undertaking the correct level.
- If a student wants to move to another level, we cannot guarantee that a space will be available for him/her at that level. Should a space be available, Gaelchultúr will charge a €10 administration fee for making the change. A change may only be made to another level following the first class.
- Course fees must be paid in full prior to commencement of the course. Attendance on a course is subject to full payment of fees.