Giving Speeches in Irish – Half-day Course
Are you required to give speeches as part of your role, and would you like to incorporate more Irish into those speeches? Gaelchultúr is delighted to launch a brand-new half-day course that will enable participants to use more Irish in their speeches. This course is aimed at politicians, senior managers, communications officers, and spokespersons working within the public sector who are required to carry out public-speaking duties at events and centres where the Irish language is used. It is suitable for those who have already studied Irish (at school, for example) but have been out of practice for several years (i.e. elementary/intermediate level).
This half-day course will be delivered via Zoom.
Aim of the Course
This half-day course aims to enable the participants to learn Irish phrases that will be suitable for speeches and visits to various venues where the Irish language is used. They will also be taught a vocabulary and useful phrases to help them use more Irish when communicating with their colleagues and the public at events.
The course also aims to build language skills and confidence in participants so that they will be comfortable using Irish when greeting a crowd and delivering a speech.
Content and Approach
The emphasis in the course will be on speaking the language. Participants will have the opportunity to learn basic Irish phrases to start and end a speech. A cohesive and simplistic approach will be taking when discussing Irish language pronunciation.
Participants will have the opportunity to ask the teacher questions during the class. Pair work and group work will also be an integral part of the bootcamp, giving participants the opportunity to practice what they have been taught.
Participants will be made aware of the numerous Irish language resources online so that may continue to use the language one a more regular basis.
In addition to the live online course, participants will be given 3 months access to a comprehensive learning resource on the Gaelchultúr e-learning site, www.ranganna.com. This e-learning tool includes both written and audio content. Gaelchultúr understands the importance of developing and improving language skills on a continuous basis and this tool gives users the opportunity to review the learning materials of the course long after they have completed their training with Gaelchultúr.
Book the course
Basic to Intermediate
Our teaching approach
Gaelchultúr has developed comprehensive syllabuses and every class at every level follows these syllabuses.
The communicative approach to language teaching is used by Gaelchultúr’s teachers, giving learners the opportunity to play an active part in each class.
A strong emphasis is placed on group and pair work and learners therefore have a chance to practise what they’ve been taught. The main focus is on speaking and listening in all classes (with the exception of Cruinneas sa Ghaeilge), but reading and writing activities also feature.Learn more about us
Terms and Conditions
- Course fees may be refunded in full to a learner up to five working days prior to the commencement of the course. The refund must by requested by contacting Gaelchultúr’s staff by email or by phone. (Our contact details can be found here.)
- If, following the first class, the student decides that he/she would like to discontinue the course, 60% of the total fee will be refunded to him/her. Thereafter, no refund will be made to the student.
- Gaelchultúr Teoranta has the right to cancel a class or to amalgamate classes.
- If it is necessary to cancel a class, every effort will be made to place the participants in another class or to register them for an online course. A full refund will be made to the customer if these options do not suit him/her.
- A student may defer his/her registration only once. If he/she wishes to defer registration, he/she must notify Gaelchultúr’s staff of this by week three of the course. No refund will be made to the student if he/she does not accept a place on the next course he/she is due to attend.
- Gaelchultúr will accept no responsibility in the event that a student registers at the wrong level. We advise our students to do our online Irish test or to seek our advice to ensure that they are undertaking the correct level.
- If a student wants to move to another level, we cannot guarantee that a space will be available for him/her at that level. Should a space be available, Gaelchultúr will charge a €10 administration fee for making the change. A change may only be made to another level following the first class.
- Course fees must be paid in full prior to commencement of the course. Attendance on a course is subject to full payment of fees.
You might also be interested in
Phone Skills and Customer Service – Half-Day Course
Learn Irish at your own pace
Ranganna.com is an e-learning website that lets you learn every-day Irish independently. In short, it is the best place to learn Irish online.