Opportunities to work with Gaelchultúr
Administrative Assistant Position with Coláiste na hÉireann/Gaelchultúr
Are you a lively, enthusiastic and effective worker? Coláiste na hÉireann/Gaelchultúr is looking for an Administrative Assistant for a full-time permanent position. The position will be based in the company’s offices in Dublin City Centre and includes some remote work.
Applicants are required to have a high standard of both written and spoken Irish, have experience of administrative work and be familiar with common computer systems.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience; standard office hours.
The Administrative Assistant’s main responsibilities will include the following:
- dealing with the company’s clients on the phone, email and face to face
- making the necessary arrangements before each language course
- overseeing the activities of Gaelchultúr’s shop
Third level degree (level 8 NFQ)
- Third level qualification in Irish
- Advanced computer skills
- Experience in graphic design
- Experience in dealing with clients
- Organisation and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae, accompanied by a letter of application, to: email@example.com
Deadline for receipt of applications: 10.00pm, Sunday, 26 September 2021
Part-time teaching positions with Coláiste na hÉireann/Gaelchultúr
Gaelchultúr provides Irish language classes for adults in Dublin and throughout Ireland. We run courses on a continuous basis and they cater for learners at all levels of competency, from total beginners to fluent speakers of Irish. We have a whole range of delivery options, e.g. intensive day courses, 20 week courses, night classes and weekend classes. Most of the teaching is done in the classroom but we also provide live online classes on a regular basis.
Gaelchultúr has a panel of part time teachers and correctors and we are always seeking to add to that panel. If you’re interested in teaching/correcting with us, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If teaching/correcting work becomes available we feel would suit you, we will contact you in order to arrange an interview.
When we’re recruiting teachers and correctors, we look for people who have:
a high standard of both spoken and written Irish
an Irish language qualification and/or a formal teaching qualification
experience in teaching Irish (especially to adults)
excellent interpersonal skills, so that they can put learners at their ease and motivate them.
Here are the advantages of teaching with Gaelchultúr:
- We provide lesson plans and teaching resources for each class, so the teacher does not have to develop that material.
- The instructions contained in the lesson plans are so comprehensive that they give new teachers an opportunity to learn high-level teaching skills inside a short period of time, which contributes greatly to their professional development.
- A modern, learner-centred teaching approach is used; this ensures that learners have plenty of opportunities to participate in the classes, which contributes greatly to the atmosphere in the classroom.
- We have developed comprehensive syllabuses, ensuring that there is continuity from class to class and from course to course.
- We do the photocopying, we prepare the materials for games, etc. before each class so that the teacher does not need to do that work.
- Online support material is usually provided for learners so that they can revise what they’ve covered in the classroom and prepare for the next class. This reduces the pressure on the teacher in the classroom and ensures that learners make better progress during a course.
- Teachers are given an opportunity to correct homework and earn extra money. This work is not compulsory nor is it necessary to teach with us in order to correct with us but many teachers find it attractive because of the flexibility involved and the hourly rate paid for the work.