There is an urgent need for a paradigm shift in the mission, purpose, and values of organisations and individuals to counter social and environmental problems such as wealth inequality, biodiversity loss, and climate change. Sustainable Ventures: Purpose, Strategy, and Leadership, offers a radical response to economic and environmental challenges.
The course is developed and delivered by author and professor Dr Finbarr Bradley. This internationally acclaimed programme is founded on the assertion that Ireland’s culture and traditions represent powerful resources that stimulate meaning, innovation and creativity while promoting ecological integrity and economic prosperity. The course aims to guide and support participants in acquiring a deeper, holistic understanding of how value, both monetary and non-monetary, is created and shared through the development of purpose-driven sustainable ventures.
The course examines a range of concepts including real value, regenerative innovation, materialism, eco-design, circular economy, ethical consumerism, and much more. Students will also have opportunities to draw on their own work and life experiences to explore the ideas and topics covered in the course.
The course delves into the critical role that authenticity, sense of place and identity play in community-owned and place-based enterprises. Inspiring ventures in sectors such as food, the arts, craft, tourism, renewable energy and more, are also examined.
More available about this programme is available in the course brochure.
*Important: Sustainable Ventures: Purpose, Strategy and Leadership is delivered completely through Irish, including all lectures, class discussions and assignments. Those wishing to enrol in the programme should be confident in communicating and expressing themselves through the medium of Irish.
Our teaching approach
Gaelchultúr has developed comprehensive syllabuses and every class at every level follows these syllabuses.
The communicative approach to language teaching is used by Gaelchultúr’s teachers, giving learners the opportunity to play an active part in each class.
A strong emphasis is placed on group and pair work and learners therefore have a chance to practise what they’ve been taught. The main focus is on speaking and listening in all classes (with the exception of Cruinneas sa Ghaeilge), but reading and writing activities also feature.Learn more about us
Terms and Conditions
- Course fees may be refunded in full to a learner up to five working days prior to the commencement of the course. The refund must by requested by contacting Gaelchultúr’s staff by email or by phone. (Our contact details can be found here.)
- If, following the first class, the student decides that he/she would like to discontinue the course, 60% of the total fee will be refunded to him/her. Thereafter, no refund will be made to the student.
- Gaelchultúr Teoranta has the right to cancel a class or to amalgamate classes.
- If it is necessary to cancel a class, every effort will be made to place the participants in another class or to register them for an online course. A full refund will be made to the customer if these options do not suit him/her.
- A student may defer his/her registration only once. If he/she wishes to defer registration, he/she must notify Gaelchultúr’s staff of this by week three of the course. No refund will be made to the student if he/she does not accept a place on the next course he/she is due to attend.
- Gaelchultúr will accept no responsibility in the event that a student registers at the wrong level. We advise our students to do our online Irish test or to seek our advice to ensure that they are undertaking the correct level.
- If a student wants to move to another level, we cannot guarantee that a space will be available for him/her at that level. Should a space be available, Gaelchultúr will charge a €10 administration fee for making the change. A change may only be made to another level following the first class.
- Course fees must be paid in full prior to commencement of the course. Attendance on a course is subject to full payment of fees.